1. FILLER - Picks, berries, sprigs anything you love to add interest and variety- scatter throughout the tree
2. THE BIG STUFF - Fill in the tree with the largest Items you want on the tree…Huge Bulbs, Décor, Signs, etc. Use wire or heavy branches to help them stay in the tree. Don’t be afraid to push these items deep into the tree. Bend branches or use wire to hold them in place.
3. GROUPS - Group the Ornaments. This step creates interest. Wire 2-3 ornaments together. Be aware of color, pattern and size. Layer these towards the middle and outside of the tree branches.
4. RIBBON - Decide on your ribbon style. My personal favorite is 3 loops with long tails or looping the ribbon in and out vertically.
5. FINISH - Finish the tree with your remaining Ornaments. Use single ornaments to fill in the empty spaces and be sure and add Ornaments to the tips of the tree.
6. BLANKET or BUCKET - Use a throw blanket as a tree skirts. Tree skirts can look a bit flat. You can gather and fold to create interest on the floor with a pretty blanket. You are also not limited to size, texture and color. Any throw or blanket will work. Another Tree skirt option is a Bucket or tree Collar.